Friday, September 26, 2014

Happy FALL!

As we all jump into fall, I want to share my many summer shenanigans.  It was one heck of a summer, super busy with many trips that were all wonderful and I would not take any of them back for anything.  


June brought us a picnic at my husband's workplace. VOLVO throws a great summer  picnic with many great things for children and grandchildren of all employees! This is my husband and stepson next to some monster machine, lol!  



Later that day, it was birthday fun for my one and only niece and no 8 year old birthday party is complete without some make shift "photo booth" fun!
The next day, my family took a trip down the road to celebrate my Granny's 90th birthday! She is one "tough bird," we love her dearly and love that she continues to be full of spunk.  She is so beautiful and we all enjoyed her favorite chocolate cake with peanut butter icing!! (So glad my mom inherited the ability to make this cake, lol)
Nearing the end of June, we had our first wedding of the summer (5 to be attended by the middle of September!) Chrissy is a very dear family friend whom I have known since birth! I remember many summer days watching Barney with her as she sat on me and her sister! It was a beautiful day as she married her best friend Josh!!

One week later, it was the annual family beach trip to Bethany beach. We look forward to this ALL year long, from the day we leave till the day we get back! This year was special as we celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary and planned a very low key anniversary dinner with shrimp and grits and bacon wrapped cinnamon rolls for dessert.  I know I know, NOT clean at all, but we were celebrating our loving, generous parents, whom we can only strive to begin and TRY to pay back for all they have done for us with these delicious treats!! 


We decorated and everything with red carnations in makeshift "vases," balloons and purchased a bottle of FLIP FLOP wine that we all wrote a little message on! 

The rest of this week was chalked full of family fun along with my second favorite beach family that accompanies us every year!!  We had fresh veggies taken from our gardens back home, fresh fruit bought from Harris Teeter and of course sushi for lunch, as this is also becoming a tradition.  I felt great knowing I was keeping my goals of clean eating, workouts and shakeology in check!! 

While at the beach, I started the newest beachbody program called PiYo, wow, very intense! I love it! It was challenging but I knew it would give me strength and flexibility throughout the whole program!! (It delivered!)

To end July, we traveled to Fernstone Retreat in western PA to celebrate the wedding of a wonderful college friend and housemate of mine! It was a great celebration of Maria's marriage to Erwin!  
This was followed by a road trip to OCMD with 3 beautiful friends for a 3 day beach trip. Too short as always, but so much fun and a great relaxing weekend!

August brought a new baby who is just precious, along with a brunch with my most favorite, oldest friends! We had wonderful food, it was clean! You know, you hit age 30+ and your goals change, we go from Friday night at the bar to Saturday morning brunch! So much better!
   
You know those 5 weddings happening this summer, well I was able to make it to one bachelorette party that was spent at a wine festival in Lehigh Valley, PA.
Next was the one and only bridal shower I was able to attend for my dear friend Mollie!!






My next adventure was to travel to the finger lakes in NY for the wedding of Tara and Matt.  How beautiful! This was the view as they exchanged vows at the Glenora Winery in NY.  We were able to explore the wineries located along Seneca Lake and at lunch at the Belhurst Estate Winery!! Just stunning.





September has been a little less hectic but still packed with great memories! Friday the 12th, we traveled to Ambler, PA for the wedding of our great friends, Shanna and Heff. Such a FUN wedding, the ceremony was beautiful, overlooking the gulf course and the reception was a blast with great photo booth shenanigans!!




The next day my husband and I trucked it home for the last but not least wedding of the summer.  Mollie and Brad finally tied the knot!! The biggest wedding of the summer and great times were had by all with the beautiful bride and stunning groom!!


Oh don't you worry, one last party, the one my family has planned for months...the 45th anniversary of WOODSTOCK!!! My parents raised my sister and I to appreciate great music, great food and great friends and family, and we celebrate one of the best music festivals each year around the anniversary.  Friends and family, young and old, gather for a day full of rockin' live music performances with fun food and drink options for all ages.


There you have it, my summer full of special memories and fantastic travels! There were soccer games thrown in, gardening experiments and little family and friend shindigs and although we loved every minute, we are ready to jump into fall knowing we have a little more time to relax!!

HAPPY FALL YA'LL!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment