Saturday, September 3, 2016

She believed she could, so she did

Oh this little saying..."She Believed she could, so she did."  I was gifted this saying on a plaque around the time I graduated with my Master's degree and boy was it true.  The road to my Master's degree was rocky, it was ugly at times but what an amazing adventure! 
After 7 years, taking 1 semester off, receiving a BA in Psychology, a BS in Health Science, a minor in Social Responsibility, I had done it. I accepted my Master of Occupational Therapy in the spring of 2006. I bet you are reading this and thinking...this is not a normal post for this health and fitness blog, BUT it is part of my story.  

I set out in the fall of 1999 with a dream of becoming an Occupational Therapist. I had no idea how I was going to get there but I was going to follow the steps set out by my University and believe in myself that I would get there.  
I struggled.
I failed.
I quit a class or two.
I re-enrolled in those classes.
I took summer classes.
I re-focused.
I trusted the process.
I worked hard.
I believed I could.
I entered the professional phase of OT school.
I made Dean's list.
I graduated and it was all SOO worth it. 

Each struggle leads to triumph, each fail leads to learning, each slip-up leads to blinders on, focus and DO IT!! 


Hard things are possible.  We can do hard things. Sometimes it just requires a step back to re-focus, re-evaluate and keep on, keepin' on.
This applies to so many things in life and especially to my current journey with my health and fitness goals.  I know there are some women out there who can relate and I just wanted to give you a pep talk, be that person that tells you, you CAN do this! It is possible! 


Are you seeking motivation to take that leap into making your health a priority? I would love to help! I love motivating others, helping them get started in their health and fitness journey and seeing them transform their physical, mental and emotional well being through fitness and nutrition!!!
Complete the form below and I will be in touch to chat further about what you would like to achieve and how I can help you!! 

HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment