Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Labor Day treat

Another great holiday is coming up and many will be invited to end-of-summer cookouts, picnics and parties to celebrate Labor Day and the unofficial end of summer.  I am always trying to think of different things to take that fall in the clean eating category.  What kind of Beachbody coach would I be if I showed up with banana splits? Well probably a pretty popular one, but anyway.....I have seen so many different types of desserts that form the American flag but so many involve marshmallows. No offense to marshmallows but there just had to be a cleaner version to get the white in the flag. So I experimented and actually made this right after 4th of July and thought I would share! 


labor day, 4th of july, memorial day, clean dessert, flag day, clean eating recipe


 This is made with blueberries, strawberries and Greek yogurt! Cut the strawberries any way you desire.  
I used plain Greek yogurt, but I would recommend vanilla Greek yogurt.  I put the Greek yogurt into ice cube trays and froze over night, removed them from the ice cube trays right before serving (they melt quickly) and there you have it! 
A clean eating patriotic treat!!


If you are interested in more recipes, information on clean eating or would be interested in my next health and fitness challenge, complete the form below and I will be in touch! 




There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment